Display.template.php error

Started by Dave47, October 16, 2021, 02:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave47

Hi

So got this error problem in maintenance / logs and I've tryed find it, can't really find a match on smf forum here but got my attention as I found some other similar errors

So I've disabled evealution of templates in server settings because I was getting eval unknown errors, I read this on other posts, now my error messages read-

File: /home/***mycpanel***/public_html/themes/Havvo/Display.template.php
Line: 256

// Show the post group if and only if they have no other group or the option is on, and they are in a post group.

(here line 256)
            if ((empty($settings['hide_post_group']) || $message['member']['group'] == '') && $message['member']['post_group'] != '')

(line 257)
                echo '
                                <li class="membergroup">', $message['member']['post_group'], '<hr class="kmdivisor" /></li>';

I've compared this line and chapter with other themes templates.php files and it seems correct.

I will add an attachment of template.php file

so seems to be getting errors on a lot of topics and posts but not all with this template.

I've tryed replaceing the template.php with another template.php file from a different theme and errors stop but theme does not work quite right and forum likes the theme or I just delete it and find a different theme

I've uninstalled and reinstalled theme and it works fine for around 12 hours error free and then some thing starts making errors again, it seems to accelerate overtime to the point where it's making an error every minute or less

I am using Havvo theme (theme last updated 2.0 15) on smf 2.0 18 with Ezportal 5.1.5

Mods I am using I've installed error free on clean installation of smf 2.0 18

Yet another youtube bbcode tag 4.14
SMF gallery lite 7.0a
Contact page 6.0
Ezportal 5.1.5
Gravatar 4 smf 1.4.4
Optimus for smf 2.7.3 [13.05.21]
Avatars on board / messageindex 2.0.17
Tapatalk smf 2.0 plug in 4.5.8
Google Analytics code 1.5.1

Using PHP 7.4

written out this post with my phone I have now 71 new errors logged

any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Dave

shadav

if the theme was last updated for 2.0.15, you will need to make some theme updates so it works with 2.0.18
if you go to this link: https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?action=patches
and click on parse next to SMF 2.0.15 to SMF 2.0.16
and search for .template (there's a few)
do the changes it states

and then click on parse next to SMF 2.0.17 to SMF 2.0.18
and search for .template (there's only one in this one)
do the changes it states

and well honestly, tapatalk please just remove that mod, it causes too many issues than it is worth

===
although this doesn't look to be part of the issue you are having
what exactly is the error you are getting?

Diego Andrés

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Dave47

Hello shadav

Oh I see thanks, I will look in to it display.templates.php files, that's kinda makes sense.

Yeah tapatalk a pain but handful use it, it's not with out problems but don't think it's playing apart in this one, I don't really have another free mobile option.

All the errors are the same but different topics.
Type of error: Undefined

Dave47

That looks to be working diego, errors have stopped and theme looks be working fine. 
Many thanks..

I've new problem in theme tapatalk of all things, some tapatalk photos are over size in some topics, only on this theme it brakes like this.

Is they away to restrict the size of photo added by tapatalk members on themes? on SMF I have photo attachments restrictived 500 x 400 (max width and height)

it's kind of breaking ezportal in the topic here, I added 2 attachment of view, one error with big photo and one normal.

I don't seem to be able to find any settings for it so it's just kind of an inquiry but I can try asking them.

Dave47

It okay I've manged to edit them by adding [img width=375 height=500
[/img]

Thanks again all working.

Advertisement: