News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Repulse

Started by Diego Andrés, March 01, 2023, 02:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bod22

I've started testing and adjusting this theme. It's my favourite as far as SMF 2.1 is concerned.

However, I have a few issues to discuss.

The first one is only the idea :)

1. Is it possible to have a different logo for light and different for dark version?
I guess most forums have a graphic logo which is difficult to adjust for both light and dark themes at the same time. It would be nice to have this option that logo changes when you switch to a different version of the forum - light/dark.

There rest are some issues with reponsiveness of this theme. I checked them on my mobile and with Google Chrome on PC so I guess they are global.

1. I don't know why but when a user has an image in signature something crashes a layout of the forum.

https://i.imgur.com/BXC1HnT.png

2. In the list of topics I have something like this. I don't know if it's the matter of the theme or Polish translation but it would be great to have it in one straight line.

https://i.imgur.com/yeonABo.png

3. I think there is a problem with your board icons too or the mod "smf fa board icons". On PC, mobile it's great but on TV where we have a huge resolution despite using the mod with different icons, there are still present the default circles. I know that noone is using a forum on TV but I wanted to check how this theme works on it.

I used this code from your previous hint, that's why the circles are full inside but without it the situation is the same but with empty circles inside.

.boardindex_table div.up_contain:not(.b_board, .b_redirect) .board_icon a::before { display:none;}

4. Finally it's not a problem but what does this icon stand for and how can I get rid of it?

https://i.imgur.com/7dYYtQE.png

Thanks for any help :)

Diego Andrés

Hello.

Quote from: bod22 on February 16, 2024, 10:38:19 AM1. Is it possible to have a different logo for light and different for dark version?
I guess most forums have a graphic logo which is difficult to adjust for both light and dark themes at the same time. It would be nice to have this option that logo changes when you switch to a different version of the forum - light/dark.
Yes but only changing the image manually.
For instance, you'd need to add the image as a background image for a new div or container, and possibly define the path in a new CSS variable, and then change the value for dark.css
So if you don't mind having to manually replace your logo every now and then, I could provide you some code for this.

Quote from: bod22 on February 16, 2024, 10:38:19 AM1. I don't know why but when a user has an image in signature something crashes a layout of the forum.

I might've seen this issue on the default theme too... I'll look into it.

Quote from: bod22 on February 16, 2024, 10:38:19 AM3. I think there is a problem with your board icons too or the mod "smf fa board icons". On PC, mobile it's great but on TV where we have a huge resolution despite using the mod with different icons, there are still present the default circles. I know that noone is using a forum on TV but I wanted to check how this theme works on it.

I used this code from your previous hint, that's why the circles are full inside but without it the situation is the same but with empty circles inside.

.boardindex_table div.up_contain:not(.b_board, .b_redirect) .board_icon a::before { display:none;}
This might not work anymore as I updated the theme, not sure if you updated it too recently? I'll have a look later and let you know if the CSS rule needs to be changed.

Quote from: bod22 on February 16, 2024, 10:38:19 AM4. Finally it's not a problem but what does this icon stand for and how can I get rid of it?

https://i.imgur.com/7dYYtQE.png
This is part of the legend icons that appear below the topics list. That specific icon means the user has previously participated in the topic.
Do you want to remove all of those hints?

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

bod22

Quote from: Diego Andrés on February 16, 2024, 10:54:04 AMYes but only changing the image manually.
For instance, you'd need to add the image as a background image for a new div or container, and possibly define the path in a new CSS variable, and then change the value for dark.css
So if you don't mind having to manually replace your logo every now and then, I could provide you some code for this.

Great, it would be nice. I think I'll manage to do it manually on my own.

Quote from: Diego Andrés on February 16, 2024, 10:54:04 AMI might've seen this issue on the default theme too... I'll look into it.

Thank you.

Quote from: Diego Andrés on February 16, 2024, 10:54:04 AMThis might not work anymore as I updated the theme, not sure if you updated it too recently? I'll have a look later and let you know if the CSS rule needs to be changed.

I use the last version 1.1.1 and as I said I noticed it only when showing on TV.

Quote from: Diego Andrés on February 16, 2024, 10:54:04 AMThis is part of the legend icons that appear below the topics list. That specific icon means the user has previously participated in the topic.

Yes, I'd like to get rid of this icon. To to be precise the one in a circle.

And what about number 2?

"2. In the list of topics I have something like this. I don't know if it's the matter of the theme or Polish translation but it would be great to have it in one straight line.

Steve

The icon in your red circle can be gotten rid of this way:

Make copy of MessageIndex.template.php from Default theme (If Repulse doesn't already have one.):

Delete:

', $topic['is_posted_in'] ? '<span class="main_icons profile_sm"></span>' : '', '
DO NOT pm me for support!

Diego Andrés

Quote from: bod22 on February 16, 2024, 10:38:19 AM1. I don't know why but when a user has an image in signature something crashes a layout of the forum.

Can't reproduce, what's the signature content?

Quote from: bod22 on February 16, 2024, 01:55:34 PMI use the last version 1.1.1 and as I said I noticed it only when showing on TV.
I just tested this but I'm not sure what are the changes you made, are you using a MOD or what exactly did you change to add your icon?
Dos it work if you change the CSS to this?
.boardindex_table div.up_contain .board_icon a::before { display:none;}

bod22

Quote from: Steve on February 16, 2024, 05:37:05 PMThe icon in your red circle can be gotten rid of this way:

Make copy of MessageIndex.template.php from Default theme (If Repulse doesn't already have one.):

Delete:

', $topic['is_posted_in'] ? '<span class="main_icons profile_sm"></span>' : '', '

Works perfectly. Thanks.

Quote from: Diego Andrés on February 16, 2024, 07:18:46 PMCan't reproduce, what's the signature content?

These are usually some images with different profiles. Here the example.

[URL=http://psnprofiles.com/G-R-Z-E-C-H][img width=338 height=100]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/G-R-Z-E-C-H.png[/img][/URL]
Perhaps the problem is not with the theme but these set dimensions of images? I should edit them manually?

Quote from: Diego Andrés on February 16, 2024, 07:18:46 PMI just tested this but I'm not sure what are the changes you made, are you using a MOD or what exactly did you change to add your icon?
Dos it work if you change the CSS to this?

I used FA Board Icons. Now it works great with your code. Thanks.

Diego Andrés

1.1.2 - 19 February 2024
  • Bug Fix Fixed last poster layout issue.
  • Bug Fix Fixed issues with dark mode or color variants when forum is closed to guests or in maintenance.
Full Changelog: v1.1.1...v1.1.2

bod22

Is it OK that while zooming site avatars overlap the space with messages counter?

You can check it in 110% view, 120% view etc.

Kindred

Zooming screws up all sorts of layouts
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: