Calendar Post Event Issue

Started by Mick., October 24, 2021, 11:26:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick.

When selecting "Post Event" from Menu, I populate the entries but when I submit, Comes back with
"An error has occurred Invalid date."

It seems to only work for today. But when making a way ahead Event the error applies, it posts the article but no Event.  Is this a bug?

You cannot view this attachment.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Yes, I'm fairly confident we already have a topic on this somewhere and it was acknowledged as a bug related to the date format or something.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Mick.

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on October 24, 2021, 12:47:04 PMYes, I'm fairly confident we already have a topic on this somewhere and it was acknowledged as a bug related to the date format or something.
Awesome. Thank you.

ozp

What SMF version do you use?
There where problems with this before, but all should be fixed in RC4

Mick.

Quote from: ozp on October 25, 2021, 07:58:09 AMWhat SMF version do you use?
There where problems with this before, but all should be fixed in RC4
2.1 rc4

ozp

Your image is quite low res so it's hard to see, but do you have a comma (,) in the date field?
Will removing the comma solve the problem?

Does the comma come from your forum/profile defined Time Format?
Do you use the date picker or do you write the date manually?

evgeniyk

Quote from: ozp on October 26, 2021, 04:14:59 AMYour image is quite low res so it's hard to see, but do you have a comma (,) in the date field?
Will removing the comma solve the problem?

Does the comma come from your forum/profile defined Time Format?
Do you use the date picker or do you write the date manually?

I have the same issue on 2.1.1
Yes, it is comma. with comma I get error:
Event year is missing.

If I remove comma:
Invalid date.

m4z

Quote from: ozp on October 26, 2021, 04:14:59 AMYour image is quite low res so it's hard to see, but do you have a comma (,) in the date field?

SMF oddity/secret: Clicking the smaller images below the post will open a popup with the native res image (clicking the larger-but-always-too-small version in the post does nothing, at least for me).
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

Sesquipedalian

In theory, that field should accept date strings in any format that PHP can parse, so something odd is happening.

Please open a new issue about this on GitHub, so that we remember to deal with it.

In the meantime, I found that I had success as long as I made sure that I entered the date string using the same format that I had selected in my Look and Layout settings.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

m4z

Quote from: evgeniyk on February 12, 2022, 10:48:08 AMwith comma I get error:
Event year is missing.

If I remove comma:
Invalid date.

I have created https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues/7359 for this (although the bit about the invalid date is still missing there).
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

Advertisement: