News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

A question about the default templates

Started by SulevFan, November 04, 2021, 09:10:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SulevFan

I've noticed that some websites now can "sense" whether the user has a dark or light theme and then use a similar, matching theme for the website.

That seems a nice feature, since not all our users are enamored by the current dark theme we use.

I was wondering if the default SMF themes would ever do that, and also if there is perhaps a different way to get the same results?

Kindred

the default theme for 2.1 is fixed and will not change at this time.

There may be custom themes that do this detection.

This might be added for the next major release -- but we have to get 2.1 finished and released before we even start looking at what the NEXT release might include.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Dzonny

There's no such option in default theme.
However, there seems to be a way to detect such setting, though I never tried it:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/@media/prefers-color-scheme

SulevFan

Quote from: Kindred on November 04, 2021, 10:19:01 AMThere may be custom themes that do this detection.

I'm assuming if I want to ask for specifics, I should be doing it somewhere else? :)

Kindred

I'd tell you if I knew of any, off the top of my head -- but I'm support team, not customization team, so I am not up-to-date on all the new themes that people have submitted. :)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SulevFan

Quote from: Kindred on November 04, 2021, 12:52:14 PMI'd tell you if I knew of any, off the top of my head -- but I'm support team, not customization team, so I am not up-to-date on all the new themes that people have submitted. :)

I'm sorry, that was really a small joke. I knew you would have if you had the knowledge.

Advertisement: