Auto-upload attachments on drag-and-drop or file-dialog-select

Started by Karmasterrr, May 24, 2022, 07:58:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karmasterrr

Another problem with usability that I can't bear and want to fix.
After adding attachment, forum forces me to click "UPLOAD" button. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
One possible reason why it works this way is that this code exists from times when Javascript was illegal ?

How to fix it ?

Arantor

If you'd bothered to look around here, you'd realise this is being discussed and being worked on by modders to improve this and solve this specific issue.

But then you'll just complain it's not fixed in the core. (I would point out that I have made it clear I'm not spending more time on it myself unless the team would be willing to adopt the changes in a future version. So far I don't believe the team have commented on the attachments UI being rubbish, not even to acknowledge it can be improved.)

Karmasterrr

I did, googled and found 2015 topics and one discarded pull requiest on github ...

Arantor

Well it's not finished yet. But it is being worked on, unofficially.

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

FrizzleFried

Exciting times... and I would like to point out to Arantor that it's not the SMF 'Team' specifically that values your work... not even the SMF Admins like myself... but rather our users... the ones who have no idea who you are or what you've done... THEY are the ones who value you work... but they just don't know it!

Arantor

I know that - the problem is that I'm being quite stubborn about the team acknowledging this problem and actually being prepared to accept fixes for it officially.

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: