Looking for a setting to show all posts in a board when you click the board name

Started by rcane, November 16, 2021, 08:46:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcane

See attachment:

The 'paper' button to the side is fine--show the new posts.

Can I get the Orange text "..spare $1" to just open the board and show all the posts?  Right now it only shows the unread.  So, unless you click the latest thread you can't see any other posts.  If there is a sticky, that seems to work, but I just can't find the box to check.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

It should show all topics, not posts - And all, not just unread.
If you have anything else happening, it's not default SMF behaviour.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

rcane

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on November 16, 2021, 10:57:39 AMIt should show all topics, not posts - And all, not just unread.
If you have anything else happening, it's not default SMF behaviour.

That's my understanding as well.  I'm using the Ant's mutant curve theme, but I never changed board settings like that. 

any ides, like where I could start looking?  it does it for all boards.   If there is a sticky in the board it will take you there (as you and i expect it should), but that's it. 

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

rcane

it's not public; will that matter to you?  You'd only see the registration.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Well, seeing the issue for ourselves could have been a source of valuable information easier gathered than asking multiple questions.

But to start with, what is the link behind that title exactly?
Where does it lead?
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

rcane

There wasn't a link by me; that was just to open the board. 

I ended up deleting the board (only had one sticky in there since it was a read-only area to begin with).

It seems to be behaving properly now.  I would only be wasting your time and resources here to keep pursuing it.  If it happens again I will let you know.

Advertisement: