News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Is an intake form possible?

Started by rcane, November 16, 2021, 08:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcane

Hi folks, quite new to modding.

Is it possible to create an intake form (that I can tweak from time to time) to gather information from my forum members and export to CSV?

I was hoping to use a mod since the folks are already logging in (thus proving they are who they say) rather than just doing something on the back end at the domain level. 

Any guidance would be great.

shawnb61

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

shawnb61

Note that you can add a variable number of custom user profile fields.  This is out-of-the-box functionality. 

You can present the fields on registration, & even flag them as required if needed.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Kindred

although none of these provide a cvs or other spreadsheet format to download....

I don't think there are any mods to do specifically what you are asking.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

TurtleKicker

Quote from: Kindred on November 17, 2021, 09:59:27 AMalthough none of these provide a cvs or other spreadsheet format to download....

I don't think there are any mods to do specifically what you are asking.
Perhaps the OP could come up with a manual workflow that isn't too tedious going into phpMyAdmin from cpanel? You can export data from there in CSV/Excel format. I think there's a way to save SQL queries in phpMySQL which could expedite things.

So basically, use SMF custom fields to collect the data, then a selective export from phpMyAdmin to get it into Excel.

Kindred

since the OP is not technical, that could be painful in the extreme...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: