News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Trying to install and stuck at database

Started by ConfusedToday, November 17, 2021, 10:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ConfusedToday

I'm not sure what to put in the fields asking database name and table prefix.

I installed smf 2-0-18. I created a database using MySQL Databases Wizard and created a database user with the six required permissions. Using a name I made up for the database didn't seem to work, so I ran the installer, saw the database name it pre-populated, and created a data base with that name. In return, I  get this message during installation:

Table 'smf_yvr8x.mye_settings' doesn't exist

I'm thrown off by the .mye part, which the installer provided. I went back to my data base and tried renaming it smf_yvr8x.mye and that didn't work.

Not sure if it's a factor, but I'm not able to find the php.ini in the instructions under "Recommendations for best performance" for SMF 2.0 installation

Sir Osis of Liver

Database name can be anything, as can table prefix.  smf_ is most commonly used prefix.  If you're using host installer, that may be causing problems.  Go into cpnael > MySQL Databases and create database and users.  DB user should have all permissions.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: ConfusedToday on November 17, 2021, 10:35:54 AMI'm not sure what to put in the fields asking database name and table prefix.

I installed smf 2-0-18. I created a database using MySQL Databases Wizard and created a database user with the six required permissions. Using a name I made up for the database didn't seem to work, so I ran the installer, saw the database name it pre-populated, and created a data base with that name. In return, I  get this message during installation:

Table 'smf_yvr8x.mye_settings' doesn't exist

I'm thrown off by the .mye part, which the installer provided. I went back to my data base and tried renaming it smf_yvr8x.mye and that didn't work.

Not sure if it's a factor, but I'm not able to find the php.ini in the instructions under "Recommendations for best performance" for SMF 2.0 installation

You should see the database name under the Mysql Databases section, or at the phpmyadmin. And make double sure that the db user has full permissions/privileges to the database.

ConfusedToday

Worked! Gave user all permissions. Thank you!

Advertisement: