Template Parse Error! after changing forum theme

Started by deleye, November 18, 2021, 01:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deleye

I just changed my forum theme and all of a sudden, I'm getting this error and i can't access my website anymore. This is what it is saying.

QuoteThere was a problem loading the /Themes/anecdota_205/index.template.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

Did i break something? and is there a way i can reset it? I do still have access to my Cpanel account though.

Here is my forum URL if that might help. https://amybradleyismissing.com/ [nofollow]

Any help will be much appreciated!!! :)

Diego Andrés

Looks like there might be a problem with the file.
Please attach the index.template.php from that theme (anecdota_205)

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

deleye

Mhmmmm, the website is now working! i guess i might have remedied itself

deleye

Now it's doing the same thing again!  :(

I attached my index template if that helps to figure out what's going on, any advice would be mich appreciated!  :)

Shambles

Yeah there's a few syntax errors in there.

Here's a cleaned up copy...

deleye

Quote from: Shambles on November 20, 2021, 05:58:00 PMYeah there's a few syntax errors in there.

Thank you so much! how do i go about uploading this file to my website? do i just upload this cleaned up file to the file manager?

Mick.

Quote from: deleye on November 20, 2021, 06:11:57 PM
Quote from: Shambles on November 20, 2021, 05:58:00 PMYeah there's a few syntax errors in there.

Thank you so much! how do i go about uploading this file to my website? do i just upload this cleaned up file to the file manager?
In cPanel, find the main folder of this theme (usually whetever the theme is named) , click the folder and it will turn 'blue'. Find the upload file button and upload your new index.template.php file that Shambles gave you and cPanel will say that already one exists. Click yes to overwrite.

Refresh your browser when viewing your site.

deleye

Quote from: Mick. on November 20, 2021, 06:25:50 PM
Quote from: deleye on November 20, 2021, 06:11:57 PM

In cPanel, find the main folder of this theme (usually whetever the theme is named) , click the folder and it will turn 'blue'. Find the upload file button and upload your new index.template.php file that Shambles gave you and cPanel will say that already one exists. Click yes to overwrite.

Refresh your browser when viewing your site.

Thanks a million! all working now, thank you.

this topic is solved.  8)

Advertisement: