News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Installing a test forum in a directory

Started by Dr Web, November 19, 2021, 05:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Web

Can I install a test forum in a directory like https://www.mydomain.com/test instead of creating a subdomain?

I searched here and on google and all I find talks about installing SMF in subdomains.

Thank you.
Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction ;D

GL700Wing

Quote from: Dr Web on November 19, 2021, 05:13:37 AMCan I install a test forum in a directory like https://www.mydomain.com/test instead of creating a subdomain?
Yes - I have a number of forums on each of my domains for testing purposes and they each have their own database and folders/directories ...
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

Dr Web

It's exactly what I want, only for testing purposes. Thanks for the help.
Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction ;D

Dr Web

Sorry. One more question. And how I stop the search engines from indexing my test forum?

Kindred

1 - modify your site's robots.txt file and add these lines to it:

User-agent: *
Disallow: /

2 - Disable guest access to the forum in SMF admin

3 - Password Protect an Entire Site/directory using cPanel
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Dr Web

Thank you very much Kindred.

Advertisement: