News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Topics show on Calendar?

Started by Rasyr, November 19, 2021, 11:04:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rasyr

Ok, I am wondering, is there a way to have all the Topics from a single board show up on the calendar?

Basically, I am setting up SMF/TinyPortal for my website, and having the posts from a single (read only) forum be what supplies the front page.

So what I am looking for is a way to have them show up as items on the calendar for teh day in question (kina like how the calendar in wordpress shows the front page posts on it).

Is there any way of doing this?

Kindred

so, you don't actually mean the SMF calendar (which only shows EVENTS)

WHat you mean is:

Is it possible to build a calendar display which automatically links each date to a display like /index.php?action=recent which only displays the posts from that date?

In short -- sure, that's POSSIBLE.
It is not, however, coded into the core system, and I don't believe anyone has created a mod for it.

would be needed:
Build a Theme/template which generates a calendar and which sends an argument to the Sources file/database defining the queried date.
build the Sources file that queries the posts (or topics) table and returns content based on the chosen date and displays that in:
Build a Theme/template similar to action=recent that displays the results
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Rasyr

Ok, so I tried adding an event to the existing calendar (which my addled brain did not think of before) and in doing so creating a News topic (which would then appear on my front page (using TinyPortal have all posts to a single read only forum show as front page news items).

However, on the calendar, it shows with the word "Event" in front of it.

The only thing I would want to do is change that so that I could choose the type of event, as it were, so when "adding an event to the calendar" I could select Event or Post.

Anybody know of any way to do that?

Advertisement: