News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

When logging - the password does not work because of the space at the end.

Started by DenDen60, December 16, 2021, 09:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DenDen60

It is a small bug and it only happens if you copy the password and when you copy it, you copy the space at the end. 

Unless I am mistaken, I think it is possible to automatically erase the space when it appears at the end of the password. Am I correct?

DenDen60

By the way the space is erased when the username is copied with the space at the end.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

It might be possible, but who is to say that space is there by accident?
For usernames, empty spaces in the beginning or end should not be allowed for completely unrelated reasons.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Kindred

yup... not a bug.   If you copy/paste a password, it's up to you to confirm that the password is exactly what you intended. :P
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: