News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Concerning email/newsletters and such...

Started by DarkAngel612, November 25, 2021, 05:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkAngel612

I was hoping this is possible. Is there any way to not have the newsletter area and the forum area to senout to ALL members their notices at one time.

I had to move to a new host and when I told them they said it would be better for me to send out notices and such to the members 100 at a time since shared accounts are not set to send out more than that at a time. This does not make the post we send as an announcement to NOT get posted but it does say that it timed out and does not continue to send to the members. This in my pea brain negates the use of this announcement thing.

Is there some way to do this --- have the limit of choosing 100 members at a time?

I hope that makes sense.

Happy Thanksgiving to every one here and your families, hope you enjoy the time with all you can be with.
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

shadav

I could be wrong but in your admin under maintenance go to mail and then go to settings

Enable Mail Queue
Maximum emails to send per minute
Maximum amount of emails to send per page load

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DarkAngel612

thank you both cause my brain needs to reboot. We moved to a new host and in order to stay online we had to go with shared  plan...meaning they won't increase the limit for our forums.

So setting to this will allow them to be put into a cue? I have never done this before so excuse my not understanding the obvious to most...LOL

Enable Mail Queue
Maximum emails to send per minute  <--- does this need filled out too or just below
Maximum amount of emails to send per page load  100

Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

DarkAngel612

I enabled but it is still not sending out to everyone chosen, I understand if the person left without telling us and that email is no longer functional but I have oodles of returning due to over quota.

this is how I have it set up:

Enable Mail Queue  Y

Maximum emails to send per minute   60

Maximum amount of emails to send per page load   100

the quota they impose is 100 per hour, should something be higher set?

vbgamer45

1 Email per minute.  Ad max per page load set to 3

To be safe.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Advertisement: