News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

WSOD caused by UTF-8?

Started by heikowtb, November 27, 2021, 08:16:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heikowtb

Hi, a friend of mine has a big problem with a Forum. It was set up by her late husband and therefore we do not know all details of changes he made...

Here is what happened: The webhoster switched the forum to another server and now the Database is MariaDB 10.4. When I look at the database in phpMyAdmin says "utf8mb4_unicode_ci". When I open the "messages" table, all special characters (German in my case) are displayed correct. When viewing the forum, they are not.

Under database / convert to UTF-8, SMF says the database is ISO-8859-1
When I install and switch to a language ending with -UTF8 in SMF, I get the WSOD with no entry in any log (PHP error reporting on of course).

When I try to convert to UTF-8 the following error is displayed:

Column 'title' cannot be part of FULLTEXT index
Datei: /kunden/215239_85467/webseiten/forum500.de/community/Sources/ManageMaintenance.php
Zeile: 664

Any help?

Kindred

You will have to remove the search index, convert, and then rebuild the search index
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

heikowtb

Thank you for you reply.

Where Do I find the search index? PhpmyAdmin? Or is there a Tool in the Administration menu?

Regards,
Heiko

Speed King

Quote from: heikowtb on November 28, 2021, 08:58:11 AMWhere Do I find the search index? PhpmyAdmin? Or is there a Tool in the Administration menu?

Regards,
Heiko

In Admin panel => Forum => Search => Search Method

heikowtb

Sorry, did not work either... WSOD again. But only if you are not logged in, when you have a login cookie, it works (still without special chars)...

Kindred

You need access to your server error log
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: