News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[Preview][SMF 2.1] GreyedOut

Started by TwitchisMental, September 20, 2023, 05:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwitchisMental

GreyedOut

Another day another SMF Theme.  I took some inspiration of the forums from yester years making this theme.

Board Index
You cannot view this attachment.
Message Index
Post Area

mickjav

TwitchisMental

live627

Was looking for nyan cat; did not disappoint xD

TwitchisMental

Quote from: live627 on September 20, 2023, 07:10:34 PMWas looking for nyan cat; did not disappoint xD
Fun fact back in my old computer repair job, we would put Nyan Cat on loop to test random issues like "randomly turns off at x time" or "sound stops after a few minutes" XD.

Steve

I take it the left column on the topics index page has the message icons 'greyed out' intentionally?
DO NOT pm me for support!

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Steve on September 21, 2023, 06:20:29 AMI take it the left column on the topics index page has the message icons 'greyed out' intentionally?
Yes

Steve

I figured so because that would keep them in line with the whole 'greyed out' idea.

In the breadcrumbs, the arrows are nearly invisible. Any chance of making them more visible (even slightly)?

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Steve on September 21, 2023, 12:20:41 PMI figured so because that would keep them in line with the whole 'greyed out' idea.

In the breadcrumbs, the arrows are nearly invisible. Any chance of making them more visible (even slightly)?
You would have to fiddle with the positioning in

.navigate_section ul li:before {
    border-top: 1em solid transparent;
    border-bottom: 1em solid transparent;
    border-left: 1em solid var(--breadcrumb_bg_2);
    content: "";
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    right: -1.05em;
    z-index: 1;
}

and

.navigate_section ul li:after {
    border-top: 1em solid transparent;
    border-bottom: 1em solid transparent;
    border-left: 1em solid var(--breadcrumb_bg_1);
    content: "";
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    right: -0.97em;
    transition-timing-function: ease-in;
    transition: 0.5s;
    z-index: 1;
}

The way it currently is looked best in both Chrome and Firefox to me. However with enough tinkering I am sure you can get it the way you want.

P.S check your messages on your forum ;).

Steve

Quote from: TwitchisMental on September 21, 2023, 12:31:27 PMP.S check your messages on your forum
I did and I'm not going to play with the coding. I'll leave it as is.  ;D

Steve

I'm using Twitch's latest version of this (because I'm special  :P  ), which he hasn't posted yet and I'm loving it. The colors are basically the same but there are some new features y'all might like.

And I probably should have gotten his permission to post this first.  :D

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Steve on September 22, 2023, 12:58:24 PMI'm using Twitch's latest version of this (because I'm special  :P  ), which he hasn't posted yet and I'm loving it. The colors are basically the same but there are some new features y'all might like.

And I probably should have gotten his permission to post this first.  :D
You've been testing and reporting bugs for a long time now.  Might as well get some kind of benefit haha.

Steve

In the custom footer links, are small images allowed in the name portion?

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Steve on September 22, 2023, 06:46:55 PMIn the custom footer links, are small images allowed in the name portion?
They are not. However you can change the font awesome icons. 

lazo50

At first glance I like it a lot.
TNX

TwitchisMental

TwitchisMental

This has been submitted for the Cloister of Trials :D.

Steve

jsx

@TwitchisMental, this theme is cool, it's good that you create themes for SMF 2.1 and @Diego Andrés also creates themes for 2.1, if it weren't for your work, SMF 2.1 wouldn't have themes. Thank you for what you do. :) 

TwitchisMental

Quote from: jsx on September 28, 2023, 07:54:52 AM@TwitchisMental, this theme is cool, it's good that you create themes for SMF 2.1 and @Diego Andrés also creates themes for 2.1, if it weren't for your work, SMF 2.1 wouldn't have themes. Thank you for what you do. :) 
Thank you for the kind words.  Mick. and a couple of others have contributed as-well though.

Advertisement: