News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Couple of identified issues / bugs ?

Started by landyvlad, December 07, 2021, 06:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

landyvlad

When signing up as a new member -
I recommend that when an appropriately formatted email address is entered into the relevant field a green tick should be placed next to that field, that way it is less likely to be forgotten.
Same with location (indeed, any compulsory field) but at a minimum the email field.   

In order to be sure my forum was actually allowing registration

I signed up with an account for "membername" name with "[email protected]" email address.
As admin I then deleted that members account.

I then tried to sign up again as "membername1" with the same "[email protected]" email address.

I got an error stating:
QuoteThe following errors were detected in your registration. Please correct them to continue:
That email address ([email protected]) is already being used by a registered member. If you feel this is a mistake, go to the login page and use the password reminder with that address.

It seems that perhaps the email address/member details are still in the database maybe despite having been  'deleted'?
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Advertisement: