News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Manage Members - View All Members - Members List Page Down?

Started by pulgoki, November 30, 2021, 07:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pulgoki

Is there a way to page through the members on the members list when managing members?  It lists the first 30 and then I can't see a way to do anything other than change the sorting or search for a member?

Speed King

You can click on the letters above to open list with members with same first letter of the username you search.

Or, you can increase number of users displayed per page,
in Admin panel => Configuration => Features and options => Layout
There is an option "Members per page in member list"

pulgoki

I don't have the letters above.  It just has the sorting options. Is it supposed to be there?

Below, where the old pgup pgdwn used to be, there is nothing.

I did seem to find a workaround for the time being. If I use the search page, I can search using a wild card and it then allows me to page through the list.

I'm not sure if I have something malfunctioning due to it being a conversion from phpbb to 2, then upgrade to 2.1 or if it could be a bug?

Kindred

not a bug in the SMF code....
My test site clearly displays both the letters and the page options...
https://test2.turtleshellprod.com/index.php?action=mlist

should have nothing to do with the conversion...

URL of your forum?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

pulgoki

This could be an issue of explaining what I'm looking at. Sorry.

I can view the members list from the main page of the forum. It shows the letters above and the page options. 

If I log in as an administrator, then go to the admin panel -> members -> view all members, that's when I don't see the letters above or any way to page through the members list. I have 2.0.18 installed as well, and it shows the paging options in the admin console.

Kindred

oh, from the admin manage members screen, there are no letter options, only the pagination.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

pulgoki

Yes! -

I don't even see the paging option unless I do a search first. I only seem to have the option to sort. The rest is missing.

It's not a big deal as I found the work around.  I was just wondering if that is a bug or something exclusive to my install.

Kindred

seems to be your installation -- due to either mods or theme
Слaва
Украинi

pulgoki

I still have the default theme and haven't installed any mods as of yet. 

I barely managed to get my phpbb converted over.  I've been trying to figure out permissions etc.  I don't plan on installing any mods or themes until I understand the forum software better.

I would do a standard install without upgrade and look in to it further if I had more time. 

landyvlad

Time is a finite resource I'll grant you that, but I would recommend you do exactly that - istall and play with a standard install and see if it works as you expect then you'll at least find out whether its an SMF version issue or something else... :)
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Advertisement: