News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Welcome email

Started by landyvlad, December 02, 2021, 07:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

landyvlad

I've set it to send a welcome email to new forum members but where do I check / change the content of that email?
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Shades.

It is most likely somewhere in Themes>default>languages>EmailTemplates.english.php but not sure where in that file. ;)
ShadesWeb.com - Custom Logos - My Themes on SMF | My Themes on ShadesWeb
https://shadesweb.com

BikerHound.com - Sniffing out the road ahead
https://bikerhound.com

Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean

landyvlad

So not in the GIO anywhere then?
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Kindred

There is a mod that adds an editor for emails,  but I don't think we put it into core
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

landyvlad

Kindred I could only find this very old one https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=2926
and have no idea if it would be compatible with 2.1 but I'd have my doubts...

Am I missing a better one somewhere?

Kindred

nope -- that will not work in 2.1

just checked.

The core changes are easy enough to address...   
but the actual email template editor files won't work in 2.1 (or with php 7.4) without some further adjusting.
(2.1 changed the references for email templates)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

Mountain out of molehill. ::)

They're in EmailTemplates.english.php, just be careful with the bracketed parameters.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

landyvlad

by which i assume you mean - don't add or remove brackets or bad things will happen :)

DenDen60

Quote from: Kindred on December 03, 2021, 09:39:16 AMnope -- that will not work in 2.1

just checked.

The core changes are easy enough to address... 
but the actual email template editor files won't work in 2.1 (or with php 7.4) without some further adjusting.
(2.1 changed the references for email templates)
Too bad. This was a good "mod" for non technical forum owners. 

Sesquipedalian

Quote from: Sesquipedalian on May 04, 2022, 10:28:14 AMYou don't need a mod for this in SMF 2.1. Just go to Administration Centre > Languages > Edit Languages, click the Edit button next to the language you want to work with, and then choose Email Templates in the Edit Language Entries select menu.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

Advertisement: