SMF 2.0.18 Installation Errors

Started by SeaChaser, November 30, 2021, 01:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaChaser

I am getting the four error messages before following through with the installation. I'll take the last one to SMF Hacks as needed unless someone answers it here. Thanks in advance.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

shadav

basically that's just saying that you've changed the code that it's looking for/mods changed the code

to be able to help you we would need to know what the actual errors are
if you click on the little pencil and paper icon next to the errors a popup should show you what code it is looking for and what it is wanting to do

then you will need to go into that file and find what code it is wanting (keeping in mind that yours will be different so find some part of the code that looks close)

now you will need to see how the mod changed that line so that you don't break the mod

so you have 2 choices here, either try to edit the code or remove the mod, do the update, then reinstall the mod

again we might be able to help with all of this but we would need to
1) know what the actual error is
what it is looking for, what it is wanting to do
2) know what your code actually is
and what all mods you have installed

===
hahahaha kindred posted while I was typing, I need to save that page somewhere I swear I always go to look for it but can't find it

Steve

Try doing it by following Kindred's link first as you'll learn better that way. If you're still confused, do as shadav said.

Remember ... BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP ... before making changes to your installation. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

SeaChaser

Thank you all. I appreciate the insight as to why the installation shows multiple successful tests and at least one error. Now I have to chase down which mod did it and see if I can remove it and then upgrade to 2.0.18 followed by reinstalling the mod.

Kindred

or just manually make the change(s)...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: