News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

09.12.2021 How to send an email to all members following a new post ?

Started by pasbonte, December 09, 2021, 05:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pasbonte

Hello !

How to send an email to all members following a new post, I can't find out how ... Thank you!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I think 2.0 does this by default, 2.1 changed this behavior in favor of notifications - and for good reasons.
Automated notification emails are largely frowned upon, and in many countries the law actually requires such to be actively opt in, meaning you are not allowed to send them without prior approval from the recipient.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

pasbonte

It's for an administrative intranet (private), so I have permission from all my staff.
I have version 2.0.18 but I don't see where to put this function.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I might have misread you a little. I meant 2.0 sends out notification to everyone who has chosen to follow a post.
Now I understand you might have meant how to notify everyone after a post, I don't have 2.0 at hand right now - But I do seem to remember if you open the full editor, in advanced options there should be the option to "Announce topic" which basically means SMF will send out an email notification.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: