News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

not returning from ssi.php

Started by geomouchet, December 06, 2021, 03:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geomouchet

I recently updated a forum from 1.1.17 to 2.0.18 on my test site. The site uses the SMF for login, based on the (very old) documentation.  It seems to work OK after I have logged in, but before I log in, in my index.php ssi.php never returns after
require 'smf/ssi.php';Instead it loads my theme and displays a login page.  How do I get it to return and continue with the requested page?

Kindred

well, scripts which you had using SSI.php for 1.1.x may have to be updated -- because SSI changes in 2.0.x

additionally,
require_once('absolute/path/to/SSI.php');

is better.... the way you list that, I'm not sure it's fully valid.  (and remember, apache/linux is case sensitive. ssi.php is not the same as SSI.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

geomouchet

Yes, sorry I was using SSI.php.  I forgot to capitalize when I retyped it.  I get your point about using the full path.  I'll change that.

Quotewell, scripts which you had using SSI.php for 1.1.x may have to be updated -- because SSI changes in 2.0.x
Updated how?  Is there any documentation for this?  If so, where?  I couldn't seem to find anything that was newer than 2004.

geomouchet

More specifically, what would cause including SSI.php to go off and load the SMF login page instead of return to my header.php?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

geomouchet

I found an answer to my problem in an old post from 2011.  In Admin > Features and Options, "Allow guests to browse the forum" must be checked or it will not allow guests to view your own pages outside of the forum either, if they include SSI.php.

I'm still wondering what other changes in SSI.php will require me to make changes in my scripts.  Can anyone provide specific insight on that, or point to SMF documentation about that?

shawnb61

I cannot find any special topics.  I do know they tried to make the SSI upgrade straightforward.

Comparing SSI.php from 1.1 to 2.0 just now, almost all the functions have the exact same signature - no changes.

A couple of the poll-related calls have completely different parameters.  A couple of the post/board-related calls (e.g., for recent posts) have an added parameter for "include boards" (in addition to the 1.1 "exclude boards").

But that's it.  That's probably why there are so few topics on the subject.  The few topics that are around are 10-13 years old.

I'd suggest you start testing.  Where you encounter issues, look to see if the function declaration is different from 1.1 to 2.0.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Advertisement: