News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Prevent PM's to a user?

Started by landyvlad, December 07, 2021, 11:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

landyvlad

Is it possible for me to set up a specific member so nobody can send PM's to them?

It's a 'member' called "forumname" I will use to post rules etc on the forum, but which won't be used or logged into, very often.
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Log in as that user, go to their PM settings and find "Receive personal messages from". Set it to "Administrators only".
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

landyvlad

@Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Dumb question mate - I can't find that in profile settings.
I'd appreciate if you'd clarify where is should be please.

I wonder if that's not an option available to administrators. (Perhaps an assumption was made that admins should always be available to members)
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Arantor

Personal Messages (as in the 2.1 popup menu) -> Settings

landyvlad

I'm not seeing that - maybe as PM has been moved to left hand column in my theme.

@Mick ?

TwitchisMental

Quote from: landyvlad on January 27, 2022, 08:46:08 PMI'm not seeing that - maybe as PM has been moved to left hand column in my theme.

@Mick ?
Click the mail icon in the sidebar > preferences > change settings > "Receive personal messages from". Set it to "Administrators only".

landyvlad

Advertisement: