News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Administrator/Moderator Note Mod Request

Started by jsx, November 09, 2021, 12:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsx

Hi,

Is there a mod for SMF 2.0.x that allows the administrator/moderator to add a note to the post?

Edit: added 'Mod Request' at end of topic title for clarity ~ Steve

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

jsx

I meant the moderator's note that says a warning to the user. This mod doesn't do that.

shadav

click on issue a warning, this won't leave a note on the post but you can find it in the users profile
depending on how you have it set up either only staff will see it, only staff and the warned member will see it, anyone will see it.

to leave a note on the post just edit the post and leave a warning there, but anyone will see this

Kindred

I think the OP means the old mod written by by arantor that inserted a pre-formatted "note" section with a separator, etc

It CAN all be done manually, this was just a shortcut that put it in.   Unfortunately, Arantor got tired of people demanding features and removed that majority of his mods a while ago.

However, jsx...   if you have the original mod, you could try installing it into 2.1. As written by Arantor, it has a decent chance that it will work.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

jsx

Quote from: shadav on November 09, 2021, 02:28:01 PMto leave a note on the post just edit the post and leave a warning there, but anyone will see this

I know about it, but I meant a function that allows to display a note, e.g. on a red background.

MyBB such a mod:

@Kindred,

I don't have this mod.

Doug Heffernan

Is this a paid request or a free one btw?

jsx

I thought such a mod exists for SMF, but I couldn't find anything in the mod base so I asked a question here. Maybe someone will create such a mod someday.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: jsx on November 10, 2021, 10:44:49 AMI thought such a mod exists for SMF, but I couldn't find anything in the mod base so I asked a question here. Maybe someone will create such a mod someday.

I have not seen such a mod here as well. This will be an easy one to code btw.

shadav

yeah that's probably the one kindred was talking about and it's been removed from the site
this would have to be a custom request
honestly i like this idea, more of an unofficial warning than the warning system

there is this mod https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=2078
but that's not what you wanted, this just allows you to type something inside the "message boxes" it's just bbcode that anyone in the forum can use

Pipke

"If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

Click here to view my mods for SMF

Hey 👋 Did i helped... you like what i do. You can now buy me a coffee! ☕

jsx

Quote from: shadav on November 10, 2021, 11:00:59 AMhonestly i like this idea, more of an unofficial warning than the warning system

I think exactly the same.

Quote from: shadav on November 10, 2021, 11:00:59 AMthere is this mod https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=2078
but that's not what you wanted, this just allows you to type something inside the "message boxes" it's just bbcode that anyone in the forum can use

I saw this mod once. Exactly, I mean inserting such a field with a color, but that the background is not so wide. I encourage some talented coder to create such a mod for the SMF community. 8)

Steve

Quote from: Doug Heffernan on November 10, 2021, 10:23:43 AMIs this a paid request or a free one btw?

I urge jsx to read the stickied topic in this section on requesting a mod, specifically, this:

Quote from: SlammedDime on June 09, 2008, 04:09:19 PMSubject: [PAID/FREE] Short Description/Title of Mod

[If this is a mod you are willing to pay for, please state that at the start of your post.  If you are willing to pay for upgrades to future versions of SMF, please state that as well.]

Version
[You need to state what version of SMF you want it for. Mods for 1.1.x don't generally work on 2.0 and vice versa.]

Description
[Include a short description of what the mod is and what you expect it do.  Provide examples from other websites or link to other mods that may be similar but do not offer what you want.  The more precise you are, the better mod authors can understand you and crank out what you need.  Don't forget to list what version of SMF you need this created for.  If you aren't running the latest version of SMF, and the feature you are looking for exists in a newer version, you should probably upgrade.]

Permissions
[Include a section on permissions.  SMF has a very powerful permissions system, based on usergroup and board.  You should specify who would have access to your mod.  Is it an admin only feature?  How about something staff (moderators / global moderators) would use?  A feature for all members?  Only members of certain usergroups?  Please don't limit yourself to just answering these questions, but utilize this section to explain in detail what you expect for access to your mod.]

Feature Set
[Use this section to discuss exactly what features you want.  Admin options?  User options?  There really is no limit except the programmer, so feel free to be as specific as you can.]
DO NOT pm me for support!

Steve

To clarify, my previous post is just a suggestion. Sorry for any confusion.
DO NOT pm me for support!

jsx

Quote from: Kindred on November 09, 2021, 02:53:28 PMI think the OP means the old mod written by by arantor that inserted a pre-formatted "note" section with a separator, etc

@Arantor

Please share this mod.

Arantor

Advertisement: