News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

PHP Version 8.0.13

Started by jvter, December 16, 2021, 02:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvter

Hi,
My provider has upgradet to PHP Version 8.0.13. SMF (index.php says version 2.0.15) won't start any more at all. What can I do? HELP!
 :'(

shadav

you'll need to update to smf 2.0.18
while 2.0.18 isn't made to work with php8, it's made to work with php 7.4, most report that it works well enough with php 8
or ask your host to lower your php, though most likely the lowest they'd go is 7.4 or 7.3 as php 7.2 and below are all now obsolete and end of life

jvter

Sorry for asking, but I haven't looked to anything of the form for almast two years.
In order to upgrade, I need to have the current forum up and runng isn't it?

Or can I just replacefew cor files?

Kindred

well, it all depends....

1- https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Upgrading

This will replace all of your files (no need to run upgrade.php; nothing has changed in the database between .15 and .18)
This will also require you to re-install mods.

2-https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Patching

If you CAN get your forum running again, this is the easier way --   apply a patch just like a mod.

most hosts allow you to choose a php version (within a certain set)
so, if you downgrade php to 7.0, you should be able to get your forum running enough to patch it.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SpacePhoenix

Quote from: shadav on December 16, 2021, 02:17:08 PMyou'll need to update to smf 2.0.18
while 2.0.18 isn't made to work with php8, it's made to work with php 7.4, most report that it works well enough with php 8
or ask your host to lower your php, though most likely the lowest they'd go is 7.4 or 7.3 as php 7.2 and below are all now obsolete and end of life

7.3 is also EOL

Advertisement: