Everyone apart from myself can insert images and i am a global mod!

Started by Cheiron, March 25, 2022, 07:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheiron

Hi Folks

Got a good one for you here! I am a global mod on our SMF forum. We are using 2.0.19 currently.
Everyone can insert an image into a post on the forum but everytime i try, all i get is a broken image icon and no image when i preview or post.
if i inspect element before i post.. the url is there correctly and when i open in new tab it works..
But it will not insert into SMF at all !

I have tried both Chrome and Edge to upload. I have tried the insert image button and also direct

Now for the fun part.. Is the issue related to the fact that I am running Windows 11 or is there something else a foot here ?

Cheers

Matthias

Are you adding the image through an external image service or as an attachment?

If you insert the image with the BBC code [img] and the image is not displayed, it seems to be a problem with the image service or maybe with your browser.
Clear the cache in your browser and try again.

If you uploaded the image directly to the forum as an attachment, it may not be showing due to lack of permissions.
Quality first

Cheiron

hiya

Cache is clear.. first thing i tried
Permissions is not an issue for me as i am set as a Global ModeratorYou cannot view this attachment.

I have tried with the "Insert an image" button and i have gone to bb code direct with [img width=600 height=300]url[/img] and still get the same thing.

Like i say.. everyone else is able to share an image but i cant.. yet i am a global moderator!!!
I can upload videos fine via the html bb code.. just not images.
I cant even add an image here!

I have also tried on a linux os in virtual box and have the same issues..

incase the image doesnt load this time.. i will add link to the screenshot

hxxp:paste.pics/GI21L [nonactive]

Matthias

A global moderator does not automatically have the rights for everything.
Which theme is used? Default or another one?
Which mods are installed?
Quality first

Arantor

It's quite straightforward actually.

The link in your post isn't to the image itself, it's to a page that contains the image - which isn't directly embeddable.

Your link - paste.pics/GI1HC, but if you visit that you get a page with the image on, the actual image URL in question is https://i2.paste.pics/GI1HC.png which is different and should be able to be used with the img tag.

Cheiron

oh gawd do i feel dumb lmao!!!!!

It had to be something ridiculously stupidly simple i had overlooked...
But then it shows how many photos i upload.. i mainly write posts

Huge huge thanks Arantor!! I have successfully tried it and it has posted now lol..

Advertisement: