News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Suggestion re Mods site

Started by landyvlad, December 27, 2021, 01:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

landyvlad

I have a suggestion regarding the mods site.

This could sit either in the main mods section, or in the discussion thread for the mod. 

I know, and support, that the mods on the simplemachines.org site are all free.

As a user though it would also help me to know what additional features are available in paid versions of the mod (where there is one).  That way if I was looking for a fully featured gallery mod (merely as an example) I would be able to see the features of both free and paid versions of the mod (example the smf hacks gallery), and then decide to download the free one as a test. 

I envisage something akin to the way wordpress does it -say a column with the free and pro features compared.

I think this would be useful from both a mod author and SMF user perspective.

Anyway just throwing it out there for consideration. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Kindred

Well, that's up to the mod authors,  isn't it... :P
They could actually do that already
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

Quote from: Kindred on December 27, 2021, 01:11:02 AMThey voikd actuslly do that already
Are you celebrating New Year's Eve a little early?  :P
DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

Quote from: Steve on December 27, 2021, 09:52:30 AM
Quote from: Kindred on December 27, 2021, 01:11:02 AMThey voikd actuslly do that already
Are you celebrating New Year's Eve a little early?  :P

nah, just tired, fat fingers on a phone rather than a keyboard.
(also, I mostly turn off spell check, because I type in English, German and Russian on my phone, which confuses the spellchecker to no end)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

I figured ... was just teasin' ...  ;D
DO NOT pm me for support!

Diego Andrés

Authors can already summit paid customizations (not the attachment itself, but the promotional page), but we are not approving them just yet.
Hopefully in the near future once a few things are sorted we can start approving.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Advertisement: