News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Unable to upgrade SMF 2.0.18 to 2.0.19

Started by james1212, December 29, 2021, 06:51:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

james1212

I was in the process of upgrading my installation to 2.0.19 However I encountered an error while upgrading the package from 2.0.18 version which needs your attention.

I have successfully overwritten the new package into the old one and when I visit /upgrade.php?lang=english it throws the following error.

The upgrader found some old or outdated language files, for the forum default language, english.

Please make certain you uploaded the new versions of all the files included in the package, even the theme and language files for the default theme.

I have downloaded a large upgrade package from https://download.simplemachines.org/

Also on further debugging I found that the upgrade.php (Line no. 1049) searches for the 2.0.19 version from index.english.php file. If that file doesn't have 2.0.19 version defined then the upgrade.php throws the above error. However in the new package index.english.php contains 2.0.18 which is I believe causing the issue.

Please let us know if this is a bug ?

christal64

Hello,
I have the same concerns, with the French language (smf_2-0-19_french-utf8). I have the following message:
Étape 1: Login
The upgrader found some old or outdated language files, for the forum default language, french-utf8.
Thank you for your answers

Shades.

ShadesWeb.com - Custom Logos - My Themes on SMF | My Themes on ShadesWeb
https://shadesweb.com

BikerHound.com - Sniffing out the road ahead
https://bikerhound.com

Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean

Sir Osis of Liver

It's not necessary to run upgrade.php, there were no database changes in 2.0 branch.  You should be able to uninstall language package and reinstall current package.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

christal

Hello,
Indeed, locally on wamp server I did not need to upgrade. But online, my forum is hosted by OVH, I have a database error telling me that I have to upgrade to 2.0.19 because tables are coded to 2.0.18.
Thank you anyway for your answers and especially to Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen.
Good eve,

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I'm going to assume you are now using multiple accounts here, any actual good reason for this?

Quote from: christal on December 31, 2021, 08:54:24 AMBut online, my forum is hosted by OVH, I have a database error telling me that I have to upgrade to 2.0.19 because tables are coded to 2.0.18.
This would almost always and in any situation be a red herring - The version information is there as a "For your information" kind of thing, but there should always be some other error message included as well, and fixing that other error is the key. Between .18 and .19 running the upgrade shouldn't be necessary.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: