News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Short login time on your forum.

Started by Ruprt, January 26, 2022, 07:06:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruprt

Please help me. When I log in to my forum, I set to stay logged in all the time or set 200 minutes. Somehow it doesn't work, after a while the forum asks me to log in again. I think it's sooner than 1 hour. Is there anything I can do about it please? Thanks for the advice.

Kindred

DO you mean that it asks you to actually log in again to do normal forum stuff -- or that it asks for your password in the admin section?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ruprt

In normal forum work. For example, when writing posts or uploading material. When I'm chatting.

Kindred

do you have your browser set to accept cookies?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ruprt

Kindred

well, it definitely won't do "forever" then...     and that might explain the timeout as well, since the system needs to refresh your session from the cookie.
Слaва
Украинi

Arantor

Yup, that's exactly it, if you only accept session cookies you have up to 20 minutes from your last visit to the site with any reliability.

Ruprt

Thank you very much for your advice.

Advertisement: