News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

A Karma Description Mod for 2.1?

Started by Sternenfee, January 06, 2022, 04:41:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sternenfee

Hi everyone,

is it maybe possible to do this hack:
https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=192

to adapt to the 2.1 or to write something like that for the 2.1?

I find this very useful in forums where you can sell, buy or trade something

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sternenfee

it seems so

i tried to install it, some Files i edited manually - i have seen there is no Karma functions in 2.1

Sternenfee

I rummaged through the mods again, looking for a similar mod and came across this one:
https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=346

It seems like he's doing something similar.

Kindred

The trader system is better than karma, less prone to abuse
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Karma was entirely removed from 2.1 when we added Likes, because Karma was very biased and you could up-rate or down-rate people repeatedly over time. Trader System or similar is vastly better if that's the type of site you're trying to build.

Sternenfee

Quote from: Doug Heffernan on January 06, 2022, 05:52:47 AMIs this a paid request or a free one?
a free request, but I've found the trader system - that completes the request for me. Thread can be closed.
Quote from: Kindred on January 06, 2022, 06:59:32 AMThe trader system is better than karma, less prone to abuse
Quote from: Arantor on January 06, 2022, 03:41:55 PMKarma was entirely removed from 2.1 when we added Likes, because Karma was very biased and you could up-rate or down-rate people repeatedly over time. Trader System or similar is vastly better if that's the type of site you're trying to build.
Thank you for the answers and opinions

DeveloperMcD

So 2.1 has "likes" natively? That's new.

Diego Andrés

Well define 'new', it was probably added like 10 years ago  :laugh:

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Advertisement: