Missing images

Started by Wasserlasser, January 08, 2022, 02:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wasserlasser

Hi,

we have some missing images like this one for the newest post (see attached Screenshot)
You cannot view this attachment.
How and where can I replace/fix this?

Thanks

Kindred

Right click the missing image and look at the source image location
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Wasserlasser

I have done that.
So there is no way to change the image and therefor the location in the admin area?
I have to make sure it is uploaded in the right location?

Arantor

I'm guessing the name of the image is the word 'new' in some language and it's the fact that your theme only shipped with a 'new.gif' to cover English rather than whatever language you're using.

The theme by default will point to the images folder in the theme, then into a folder with the language's name, to find new.gif - e.g. Themes/default/images/english/new.gif

Most custom themes don't really provide this folder for other languages which is why you're missing it here.

You have two choices: edit the Display.template.php file of your theme to point to a different image, or put a file in the correct place with the correct name to be pulled in as necessary.

Advertisement: