News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Noticed some changes to site code today...

Started by Antechinus, January 29, 2022, 05:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antechinus

Umm, you have a hard-coded | in the PM's drop menu now, between the "New" and "Drafts" links. I do hope that is a temporary error and will not be included in 2.1 Final. :)

ETA: Oh, and quick edit is still not working with FIrefox on my box. Hasn't for ages.

Diego Andrés

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

SleePy

The edits just sync it up closer to the default theme's changes.  Nothing special.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Antechinus

And the unread links have been removed from the bottom of topic pages too. which IMO is a retrograde step. They are usually the most heavily used links on the site. Having them top and bottom made a lot of sense. Saved having to go to the top of the page all the time.

Quote from: Diego Andrés on January 29, 2022, 05:28:55 PMThat's always been there afaik
No, it's new. Would be better in a pseudo if you are determine to have it by default. Easier to customise.

And the hr.clear in #inner_wrap makes no sense at all now. Not sure if that is still in the repo (have not gone through that yet).

Diego Andrés

Quote from: Antechinus on January 29, 2022, 05:32:43 PMNo, it's new
I still have a Beta 3 installed and it's the same, the | was always there

Antechinus

Ok, must not have noticed it. Still better in a pseudo.

ETA: The hr is gone from the repo, so no worries about that. Must be remnant code on this site.

Arantor

I assure you the | was always there. Don't make me find the commit where I added it in 2013. I wasn't clever enough to add it in a pseudo in 2013.

Diego Andrés

Quote from: Antechinus on January 29, 2022, 05:39:04 PMOk, must not have noticed it. Still better in a pseudo.

We could still change it, not sure if we have it anywhere else. I could later submit PR for you since you dislike the hub of git

Antechinus

It's not a big deal, but generally the "optional" "I like it this way but someone else won't" stuff is being done with pseudos in 2.1, so it would make sense. :)

skb

Quote from: Antechinus on January 29, 2022, 05:32:43 PMHaving them top and bottom made a lot of sense. Saved having to go to the top of the page all the time.

Ditto

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Advertisement: