News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

2.0.19 update fails

Started by Matthias, January 10, 2022, 11:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias

I'm getting this error messages:
21.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.english.php    File not found
22.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ManageSettings.english.php    File not found

I've converted from ISO to UTF8 some time ago. The names of the english language files are like that:
index.english-utf8.php
Help.english-utf8.php
ManageSettings.english-utf8.php

Can I rename the files deleting the -utf8 at the end?
Can I also rename the files of the other languages?

As far as I know only the following is relevant in index.language.php or index.language-utf8.php for the character set:
// Ensure you remember to use uppercase for character set strings.
$txt['lang_character_set'] = 'UTF-8';
Quality first

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

That's an interesting question actually - The default English files are usually always there, and the update targets them specifically as they are the only language files included in the install package.
But no, you are better off just ignoring those errors and manually fixing the -utf8 files.

You can see the changes made (To all files, not just language files) from https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?action=parse;update=smf_patch_2.0.19.tar.gz;smf_version=2.0.18

Or, you can also just download the updated UTF-8 language package and use the updated files from that ;)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: