News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Banners formats where to find in settings?

Started by Mr-Tech, January 15, 2022, 08:41:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr-Tech

Im going to rund Google ads programmatic on my forum page and was just wondering if there are specific formats I need to use or if multible formats can be used? I dont see anywhere in the settings where I can find what sizes are reccomended. ? 🙂

Arantor

Are you using SMF 1.1? If you are you should probably upgrade.

Also, which addon are you using for ads? SMF does not support ads out of the box.

Mr-Tech

Hi, Thank you for answering me. I have this version: SMF 2.1 RC3
Im going to set live a new version of this freakin old website: byggehytte.no [nofollow]. :) And then add som google ads but i dont see anywhere in the settings what formats that the forum supports?

Arantor

Out of the box the forum does not support ads, as I indicated. It looks like whoever put the ads in that 1.1.x theme did so directly as part of the theme design.

You can add the Ad Management mod but I don't believe it outlines what size you must have, especially since SMF 2.1 RC4 (RC3 is a year behind the current in-dev version, RC4) is responsive meaning that everything rearranges for mobile or desktop so having fixed ad sizes doesn't work well anyway.

Advertisement: