New Install - New user registration error 8192: preg_replace_callback(): Passing

Started by Alienwaiting, January 18, 2022, 01:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alienwaiting

Hi,
I installed the message board, 2.0.19 and I have user registration set a email confirmation and mail setup to PHP default. The full error I get when someone registers as a user:
8192: preg_replace_callback(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated
Sources/Load.php - Line: 178
which is:

$string = preg_replace_callback('~(&' . (!empty($double) ? '(?:amp;)?' : '') . '#(\d{1,7}|x[0-9a-fA-F]{1,6});)~', 'entity_fix__callback', $string);

where is the problem here? any advice is appreciated.
Thank you!

Arantor

Alienwaiting

Update : Today there is no error messages in the log when I try to send a reactivation link, or when a new user registers, but there is no email reaching destination - I tested the host using the testemail.php script from this link link and I got the test message to the destination. But clicking from index.php?action=activate page doesn't get any email. There was nothing changed in the setup.

Kindred

I recall someone else reporting an issue with PHP 8.0 and the mail process.  Not sure if there was any resolution yet.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Alienwaiting

I don't think it was resolved. Thanks for the feedback. I changed the PHP to 7.4 from 8.0 and the emails came through.

awks

For over 10 years my mail has been good, however lately it appears that when a new user signs up, the admin (me) gets the email but the email that normally gets sent to the new user who just signed up never appears.

I also have just downgraded the php version from 8.0 to 7.4 and now the new user gets the email!

This has cost me almost 2 weeks until I came across this post.

Thanks to Alienwaiting and Kindred for posting this,  :)

Advertisement: