New post=new email

Started by pasbonte, January 19, 2022, 01:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pasbonte

Hello, I would like my subscribers (or visitors) to receive a mel when a new topic is posted, I know how to do it but the mel contains ALL the subject, I would like them to simply receive the link to access it. I can see that it is in POST. PHP but I'm lost.

pasbonte

if (preg_match('~\<html~i', $replacements['MESSAGE']) == 0)
    {
        if (preg_match('~\<body~i', $replacements['MESSAGE']) == 0)
        // replacements['MESSAGE'] = '<html><head><title>' . $topicData[$key]['subject'] . '</title></head>' . "\n" . '<body>' . $replacements['MESSAGE'] . '</body></html>';
            $replacements['MESSAGE'] = '<html><head><title>' . $topicData[$key]['subject'] . '</title></head>' . "\n" . '<body>' . $replacements['MESSAGE'] . '</body></html>';
        else
            $replacements['MESSAGE'] = '<html>' . $replacements['MESSAGE'] . '</html>';

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Edit: Scratch that. I wasn't reading thorougly. Try finding the setting "Don't allow post text in notifications" and see if that helps.

This setting removes the option to receive the text of replies, posts, and personal messages in notification emails.

Often, members will reply to the notification email, which in most cases means the webmaster receives the reply.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

pasbonte

hello I do not find this possibility.

Kindred

index.php?action=admin;area=featuresettings;sa=basic
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

pasbonte

UNABLE to check... I guess the validation is in table uda_settings but which field?

Kindred

why are you unable to check?

That is the location in the admin area. That's how you set it.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

pasbonte

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: pasbonte on January 20, 2022, 11:03:48 AMIMPOSSIBLE !
This sadly does not really explain what the problem is.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

shadav

in your admin under configuration go to features and options and then to general
check the box for
Don't allow post text in notifications

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: pasbonte on January 20, 2022, 11:03:48 AMIMPOSSIBLE !

What is so impossible about it if I may ask? Did you go the setting in question?

P.s. And what 's up with the shouting btw? People are trying to help you out, but you are wasting everyone 's time with all these vague responses. Help us to help you dude.

pasbonte

All my apologies, yesterday impossible to check and uncheck, hence my surprise (with capital letters and not a scream ...) A thousand apologies,

today it's possible! so problem solved

Another question: is it possible to disable {mailinglist_attached}?

merci !

Kindred

Quote from: pasbonte on January 21, 2022, 03:41:38 AMAnother question: is it possible to disable {mailinglist_attached}?

not sure exactly what you mean by this...

(also, as a hint:  a post made in ALL CAPS is considered yelling when posted on the internet)

Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: