News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Update to 2.0.19

Started by GF2022, January 24, 2022, 10:05:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GF2022

Hello everybody,
I updated to 2.0.18 (but just in the test environment)
Got some problems:

1) Table smf_settings tells me that SMFversion is 2.0.2
2) Admin panel tells me that my version is 2.0.17
3) When I check SMF files, I see that lots of them are 2.0.18 version and I should update to 2.0.19: can I manually upload the 2.0.19 files?

Thanks for your attention

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

1) Not a problem.
2) Did the .18 update actually install without errors?
3) This depends. Do you have many mods installed?

If you think your updates have failed somehow, it might be easiest to upload all fresh 2.0.19 files over the existing files, and then reinstall any mods afterwards.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

GF2022

1) Thanks
2) No error message. Actually I believe 2.0.18 did not install at all.
3) Just a few mods (Log Karma, Like Post, SEO sitemap, Pretty URLs, DisableTemplateEval) plus some mods I made directly to some scrips (but these scripts are not in the list of the files to update.

"If you think your updates have failed somehow, it might be easiest to upload all fresh 2.0.19 files over the existing files, and then reinstall any mods afterwards."
I will do and let you know.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Do note, this will not work like you expect it to if you don't overwrite everything - and overwriting everything will undo any modifications.

So use caution, backup - or document exactly what you are about to lose.
You should be fine following the documentation for uploading fresh files, and using 2.0.19 files https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

GF2022

I uploaded manually only files that were highlighted as old.
Now everything seems good.
I will make more tests right now.
The only file I left unchanged even if it is marked as old is index.template.php because this is from the theme I installed.

Advertisement: