News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

8: Undefined index: actual_theme_dir

Started by kapt, February 21, 2022, 03:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kapt

http://localhost/forum/index.php?
8: Undefined index: actual_theme_dir
Dosya: C:/xampp/htdocs/forum/Sources/Load.php
Satır: 2226

2223: // Default language directories to try.
2224: $language_directories = array(
2225: $settings['default_theme_dir'] . '/languages',
==>2226: $settings['actual_theme_dir'] . '/languages',
2227: );

I don't know what caused this problem. I've seen previous threads.
Do you have any suggested solution?

Arantor

Perhaps it would have been better if I'd simply never bothered. Y'all clearly would be less unhappy that way.

kapt

Quote from: Arantor on February 21, 2022, 03:58:37 PMWhat theme are you using?
I am using the theme I developed myself. But this problem comes up from time to time and I don't know for what reason. Could it be because of Turkish characters? I saw the solution you shared, but I want to find the reason.

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=527809.msg3744054#msg3744054

Arantor

It's nothing to do with Turkish characters.

The issue is that the theme doesn't properly deal with having the correct hierarchy; themes can depend on each other and sometimes this doesn't go to plan.

Is this a theme from 1.1.x ported to 2.0? What changes have you made to theme-info.xml along the way?
Perhaps it would have been better if I'd simply never bothered. Y'all clearly would be less unhappy that way.

kapt

Quote from: Arantor on February 21, 2022, 04:16:34 PMIt's nothing to do with Turkish characters.

The issue is that the theme doesn't properly deal with having the correct hierarchy; themes can depend on each other and sometimes this doesn't go to plan.

Is this a theme from 1.1.x ported to 2.0? What changes have you made to theme-info.xml along the way?
2.0 theme. I didn't make any changes.

shawnb61

I get 2-3 of those together every 6 months or so, using the default theme in 2.0 + Responsive Curve.  Could never consistently reproduce.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

kapt

Quote from: shawnb61 on February 21, 2022, 05:44:15 PMI get 2-3 of those together every 6 months or so, using the default theme in 2.0 + Responsive Curve.  Could never consistently reproduce.
Isn't there a solution to this?

shawnb61

No.  I could never reproduce it.  (Plus it was extremely rare.)

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

kapt

Quote from: shawnb61 on February 21, 2022, 06:06:32 PMNo.  I could never reproduce it.  (Plus it was extremely rare.)

Maybe someone will know the solution, i'm waiting.  ;D

shawnb61

Quote from: kapt on February 21, 2022, 06:08:56 PMMaybe someone will know the solution, i'm waiting.  ;D

Might be waiting a bit.  I'd suggest upgrading to 2.1.1!  ;D

kapt

Quote from: shawnb61 on February 22, 2022, 12:54:13 AM
Quote from: kapt on February 21, 2022, 06:08:56 PMMaybe someone will know the solution, i'm waiting.  ;D

Might be waiting a bit.  I'd suggest upgrading to 2.1.1!  ;D
My mods are not ready for this.  :D

Advertisement: