News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Registration verification email and HTML

Started by Anoni1337, January 20, 2022, 04:01:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anoni1337

Hi !

Well I wanted to edit verification email that user gets,but I wanted to have like HTML email that looks nice but can't find a way to do it in smf,so does someone knows how to do that ?

Also I wanted to change email that sends that verification email since it contains name of my hosting (and I don't want that public) currently is like that default system email and than has @myhostingprovider.com so I wanna make like seperate mail just for sending birthday and verification emails.

Kindred

the email contents are in /Themes/default/languages/EmailTemplates.english.php

the email is sent from whatever you have configured for the webmaster email address
?action=admin;area=serversettings

However... this address MUST be the same domain as whatever you are using to send the emails, otherwise your emails will be flagged as SPAM, if the actual sender != the header and path information.

If it's a problem with your configuration, then talk to your host about how to set up an email account to send.
(however, it does beg the question...   you don't want people to see your domain?   Aren't they going to see it when they visit your site in the first place??)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Anoni1337

No the thing was SMTP was not set up it was using PHP thing and it was using like hosting email or something.Anyways I have set up SMTP but email are not going thru for some reason,They tested everything on their side and said that mail servers etc are working fine and told me to test scripts that are sending emails,but I can't figure it out.

I did everything on my side mail,password,server,465 port for ssl etc. But mails are not going thru

Anoni1337

Anoni1337

I fixed the problem by adding ssl:// on smtp server..So it would look something like this ssl://mail.yourdomain.com

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Anoni1337

After adding cloudflare to my forum I stopped getting verification/password reset emails.Does anyone know how to fix that ? I disabled Proxying on mail.domain.com but it's still not fixing don't know does some time need to pass by

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: