News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Quick edit not working?

Started by landyvlad, January 05, 2022, 05:11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

landyvlad

1. The quick edit function doesn't appear to be working.  I'm still running an earlier nightly build of 2.1RC4 from several months ago, if that's relevant.

2. How do I limit the period of time for which members can edit their own posts?
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Speed King

Quote from: landyvlad on January 05, 2022, 05:11:08 AM1. The quick edit function doesn't appear to be working.  I'm still running an earlier nightly build of 2.1RC4 from several months ago, if that's relevant.

2. How do I limit the period of time for which members can edit their own posts?

About (1), I cannot reproduce, QuickEdit is working on my forum

About (2), in Admin panel, go to Forum => Posts and topics => Post settings

Look for option: "Maximum time after posting to allow edit"

and set desired time...

landyvlad

Thanks No 2 seems to be working great.

On No 1 - Still not sure why I have the quick edit button but pressing it has absolutely no effect.
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Speed King

Maybe some of installed mods causes the problem.
Does such problem appear with clean install on default theme?

landyvlad

A good question - I have no mods installed but do have a non-default theme.
I'll have to switch across and check.

landyvlad

Hmm I can only assume it may be the theme - not sure if the theme Im using makes any changes to files used by the the 'standard curve2' theme.

@Mick ?

TwitchisMental

Quote from: landyvlad on January 27, 2022, 11:43:06 PMHmm I can only assume it may be the theme - not sure if the theme Im using makes any changes to files used by the the 'standard curve2' theme.

@Mick ?
I can confirm that this is a theme issue. I have a fresh copy on my local smf install and it is having the same issue with quick edit.

@Mick. 

Mick.

Yup. I same here. Ball is in my court.

landyvlad

Advertisement: