Staying Logged in

Started by Gavin Chatt, January 31, 2022, 02:04:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gavin Chatt

Hi Team,

Sorry to drug this post up but I've been having the same issue for sometime and after reading through this thread went looking through the index.template.php file however was unable to notice anything where I could add

<input type="hidden" name="cookielength" value="-1" />

I'm using the theme Skyfall by Dojoplan.net however when searching Dojoplan.net received a error page.

Would anyone know if either Skyfall Theme or Dojoplan.net are still functional?

I've traced this to another forum members and have since sent a PM :)

Kind Regards
Gavin
Regards
Gavin Chatt
Austeam Founder
http://austeamracing.com.au

Steve

This isn't an SMF issue as your problem deals with a non-SMF theme. Is this problem present in SMF's default theme?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Arantor

Well, looking at your site (assuming it's the one in your signature), I don't see a login area in the header (which would follow the suggestion you found to change index.template.php)

The only login I see is the one in the main menu, which already has a "always stay logged in" tick box... is that not functioning as expected somehow?

Sir Osis of Liver

You would have to edit the code in several places in Login.template.php.  If your theme doesn't include that file, make the changes in default theme.  You can then remove 'Minutes to stay logged in:' and 'Always stay logged in:'.  As noted above, this can present a security risk if you're concerned about members using public terminals.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Steve

I've split this topic out even though it appears to be the same issue as the original topic. The original topic was solved.

Steve

Marking solved. If you still have this issue, by all means, mark it unsolved and update the topic.

Advertisement: