Where is the font color in a themes index.css?

Started by rcane, February 01, 2022, 01:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcane

I'm able to find background gradients and such but i'm having trouble pinning down the footer's font color.

I put a nice gradient in the body background but it's diffusing the font color.  I need to make it something bright like yellow or white.

Shades.

#footer li, #footer p, #footer a {
font-size: 0.9em;
color: #fff;
}
ShadesWeb.com - Custom Logos - My Themes on SMF | My Themes on ShadesWeb
https://shadesweb.com

BikerHound.com - Sniffing out the road ahead
https://bikerhound.com

Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean

rcane

Quote from: Shades. on February 01, 2022, 01:20:01 PM#footer li, #footer p, #footer a {
}

Thanks, I found it, but it didn't have a color line.  That's why i was missing it.

rcane

Quote from: rcane on February 01, 2022, 01:35:49 PM
Quote from: Shades. on February 01, 2022, 01:20:01 PM#footer li, #footer p, #footer a {
}

Thanks, I found it, but it didn't have a color line.  That's why i was missing it.

It also only only changed the color of the vertical bar and not the actual copyright text.

Kindred

if so, then your theme is doing something different from normal.

Use the browser inspect tool to look at the CSS and determine what changes will look like
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

rcane

Quote from: Kindred on February 01, 2022, 02:44:46 PMif so, then your theme is doing something different from normal.

Use the browser inspect tool to look at the CSS and determine what changes will look like

it's a fresh install of Ants mutant. the color change above only changed the "|" and "," in the copyright text.  The others are originally colored.  Can't find it in the inspector or css.

Arantor

If Ant's theme doesn't drastically alter the way the default theme works, the colour is inherited from all the way up in the body tag, which is right at the start of the file.

Right click on the text in a post, select inspect element, the inspector will show you every single CSS rule applicable to that element - the top-most element in the list that mentions a colour is the most specific that applies and if nothing more specific applies it'll go up to the very highest level (usually the body tag, but can be the html tag sometimes)

The C in CSS is for cascading...

rcane

Ok, found it.  it wasn't the color of the 'font' down there, but the whole layer.

Advertisement: