News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

error when trying to apply new update

Started by mack420, February 01, 2022, 03:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mack420

I did not install the new update, just took a screenshot which is below and cancelled it until I hear back from ya all experts.

You cannot view this attachment.

Arantor

It sounds like https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=580354.0 to me, please attach your Sources/QueryString.php to your next post.

mack420

I attached a web page that i saved of my Sources/QueryString.php as its the only way i could the whole long line of code  to show you and I can't find the line of text from the article ya sent me. Maybe I need to look harder?

mack420

I tried every step in the article and it still gives me a error.

Arantor

You have the same problem as the person in that topic.

Here is an attachment that contains a fixed version of QueryString.php that should let you continue the install normally. You will need to either use cPanel's file manager to upload this version over the top of the one you have, or better still, get a program that can handle FTP (ideally not FileZilla because it can damage attachments if not configured correctly) and that will let you upload files to the forum.

mack420

I just uploaded the QueryString.php file you gave me and went to try the upgrade again and it still says there is the same error.

mack420

never mind, it worked

when I uploaded the file it didn't overwrite the old file due to when I downloaded it, my computer saved it as QueryString(1) due to the file I downloaded earlier and uploaded in this thread, lol

So I deleted the old file and renamed the new one and installed the upgrade with no errors and my site is running great

thank you for the patience and keeping smf going for us

Advertisement: