Forum logo size?

Started by rcane, February 01, 2022, 05:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcane

Building the first duplicate of my forum. Site 2.

I duplicated the header logo.

However the size of it is larger than on the first forum—considerably.

Same them. Same versions.

How would you explore this?

Arantor

Use a tool like WinMerge. Something in the files must be different - so do a comparison. That's literally the only explanation.

rcane

Quote from: Arantor on February 01, 2022, 05:30:23 PMUse a tool like WinMerge. Something in the files must be different - so do a comparison. That's literally the only explanation.

Most likely, except which file(s) to compare will be rough.  The avatar for my admin is also small, unlike the logo which is larger.  Same files.  Same index.css file too--that one i did check.

Arantor

You feed them *all* into WinMerge, it'll tell you which ones are different with a folder comparison.

There are other CSS files than just index.css, but the reality stands: the same thing does not behave differently in the way described; the files *cannot* be the same, or if they truly are, something is out of whack with browser caching so that it's somehow using different content.

Or there's different database content between them somehow altering it. Maybe something about the site slogan.

rcane

I wonder if there was a subtle difference between the two SMF's.  One was 2.0.18 updated to .19; the other, a clean 2.0.19 install.

Just something that came to mind before I start comparing all the files.

Advertisement: