How to get footer size to match rest of website

Started by mythus, February 11, 2022, 05:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mythus

Hello,

So, I've been working on my own curve variant theme (not sure if thats the right terminology but yeah), and I'm having a bit of OCD crisis here and am hoping that you great people can help.

So I have the width for everything at 1260px with a min width at 100%. By everything I mean of course the header, main container, frame, and footer. I also have the margins at auto. Everything matches up, except the footer. For some reason it is smaller than the rest of the site despite the width being set the same. I'm sure I'm missing something here, hopefully having some extra eyes on it can help me to spot what I'm getting wrong and how to fix it.

I'm attaching some screenshots showing the issue with the various sections showing in the inspect tools. If you need to see the site, please don't use whats in my signature - I'll update that once I've gotten everything done. Instead go to https://legendsofnorova.net/boards

Thanks in advance y'all.

Kindred

We would need to access the actual site, not a screen shot
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

mythus

Do you require more than the link I posted in the original message sir? For expediency, https://legendsofnorova.net/boards/index.php

Diego Andrés

User did leave the link

The issue is because your content has extra padding in both divs, the footer has only padding in one div.
I'd suggest removing the padding from the inner divs on those and set the horizontal padding on the parent div for both content and header.

Alternatively you can just add the correct amount of padding on the left (40px in total) and then add some nasty fix:

#footer_section {
padding-left: 40px;
position: relative;
right: -10px;
}

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Kindred

Sorry,  was on phone and drinking. Missed link. Lol
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

mythus

Its all good. Thanks to pointing out the conflicting paddings Diego. I was albe to resolve the issue.

Advertisement: