News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

I don't see active links on my site

Started by rapalero, February 21, 2022, 12:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rapalero

I don't see active links on my site.

In Admin -> Configuration -> Bulletin Board Code

"Automatically link posted URLs" is activated but does not work. For example https://www.rapaleando.com/foros/index.php?topic=14097.600

It has happened just after upgrading to 2.1.1 from 2.0.X.

What can I do?

Best regards.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Any mods installed yet that might work with urls or bbc?

Not sure if this will do any good, but just in case try to empty your forum's file cache.
Admin -> Maintenance -> Forum Maintenance -> Routine -> Empty SMF's cache
Then check that topic again.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

rapalero

Thank you. That task did not work.

I just tried to install the Simple Audio Video Embedder but it doesn't work because this mod needs links, and after updating I don't have automatic links.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Are you getting any errors in your logs?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

rapalero

rapalero

I have discovered another detail.

If I hit reply, on the reply page and when I scroll down the page I see other people's posts, the links do work.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Okay, there's something apparently broken - But without any visible clues, and with no errors, I'm really unsure what exactly. Is the Simple Audio Video Embedder still installed? What if you uninstall it for now?
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

rapalero

Thank you for your response. The mod is uninstalled and now nothing is installed.

In case it helps: in SMF 2.0.X I had Responsive Curve and Simple Audio Video Embedder.

rapalero

rapalero

By FTP I uploaded again all the files from a clean installation except install.php and settings.php but the problem persists.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

If you manually add the url tags to a link, does that work normally?
I'm really grasping at straws here though, @Sesquipedalian @shawnb61 - Good ideas would be welcome.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

shawnb61

Yeah, odd. 

First couple of questions:

- Have you tried clearing the cache?
 - Are all links affected?
 - PHP version?

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

shawnb61

Do you have WordPress on that site?

Do you have any ad managers running?
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Sesquipedalian

If autolinking works correctly in preview but not in the topic display, then the problem is not the autolinker. Whatever is causing the problem is occurring at some later stage. 

I suspect that either something else is causing invalid HTML in the topic display, or that some JavaScript is breaking things. To test the former, use the W3C's HTML validator to see if any errors come up for an affected page of your forum. To check the latter, try disabling JavaScript in your browser and then reloading the page.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

rapalero

@shawnb61  @Sesquipedalian @Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Thank you very much for your kindness. I don't have much idea about this and not feeling alone reassures me.

I have news (hopefully good news hahaha). The links do work if I create or edit them after creating the post, but only using QUICK EDIT. With normal editing, the one that opens another page, the links do not end up working. I hope I have explained myself, I use a translator, sorry for the language.

In the forum options, server settings, general, I don't have SSL mode enabled, should I?

I clearing the cache in the forum settings.

I don't have an ad manager.

The PHP version is 7.4 although I have tested and the forum also works on 8.1. I went back to 7.4

With Java disabled the links still don't work.

I do have a WordPress at the root of the domain.

About the W3C its put that it is this:

Greetings and thanks.

shawnb61

Given your site is served up https, yes, you should enable SSL.

We do sometimes see flakiness when things are out of sync there, so please go ahead & try that.

rapalero

Quote from: shawnb61 on February 22, 2022, 01:29:10 PMGiven your site is served up https, yes, you should enable SSL.

We do sometimes see flakiness when things are out of sync there, so please go ahead & try that.

Thank you.

I have enabled SSL but the link problem remains unless the user uses quick edit.

Sesquipedalian

Please attach copies of your Subs.php, Display.php, and Display.template.php files so that we can inspect them.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

Dave J

When I did the upgrade from 2.0.19 to 2.1.1 on my test site the images I had attached would not work either.

I had to 'Modify' the post and then remove the code for the original attachment and then re-attach the image again then it worked OK.

I'm not sure if that helps you or not and I didn't report it as I thought it was just because of the different versions.
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Advertisement: