package uninstall

Started by meccep45, February 23, 2022, 09:08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meccep45

the latest nightly build is installed
when deleting a package, I get an error message.
You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory, or one of the files in it, is not writable!
I clean everything manually and freely install the package. this is in php 8. thank you.

Arantor

Well, you need to change the file permissions on the Packages directory, this is a configuration problem not an SMF bug...

meccep45

Quote from: Arantor on February 23, 2022, 09:36:31 AMWell, you need to change the file permissions on the Packages directory, this is a configuration problem not an SMF bug...
so why, only the installation works. the rights are the same. it used to work.

Arantor

It's still a permissions problem. Likely your host has done something strange with umask so that while SMF could write new files, those files don't get the permissions to be writable or delectable by default.

meccep45

Quote from: Arantor on February 23, 2022, 09:49:05 AMIt's still a permissions problem. Likely your host has done something strange with umask so that while SMF could write new files, those files don't get the permissions to be writable or delectable by default.
Yes. You're right. I set the package rights incorrectly. I'll be more attentive! thanks.

Advertisement: