News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

AEVA Media Question

Started by FrizzleFried, February 26, 2022, 05:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrizzleFried

The support thread for AEVA Media is locked so I can't ask there.

Can anyone tell me in which folder I can find the media files that are uploaded by users in AVEA media?

I am hoping beyond hope I can retrieve them from the server as AEVA media went away with the 2.1 upgrade and there are a few images in there that some users are ... extremely unhappy ... they lost.

Diego Andrés

It's locked because the mod was removed due to a security issue.
I suspect you could use another gallery mod to import your information.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

FrizzleFried

Are the images encrypted or something?  I suspect they are sitting on the server somewhere... but maybe I should just try to install a gallery to see if I can import from Aeva...

Diego Andrés

I think LevGal converted from Aeva, I suspect the gallery pro would do the same, not sure about the free version.

FrizzleFried

Unfortunately ... because I upgraded to 2.1.1 rather than attempt to convert while in 2.0.x ... I am getting this message from SMF Gallery Lite...

"Here you will find any converters that we have from other software to SMF Gallery
No gallery supported to import from. Only supports Aeva Media importing"

Basically,   it doesn't recognize that AEVA media was installed because it never was in 2.1.1...

:(

I need to get in to the server folder and extract the images if possible...hence the reason I'd like to know what the save path was for AEVA media.

:)

mickjav

I think gallery pro has that feature.

FrizzleFried

Gallery Lite does too... but it's not going to work.  Aeva Media was never installed in 2.1.1 so it's not recognizing the fact it was installed in 2.0.x...

Diego Andrés

Might be a pain but if you haven't made much progress, you could do that before upgrade, and upgrade again.
I don't know how that mod attempt to recognize the data, sorry. Perhaps try the support topic for the gallery?

Arantor

Look for the mgal_items folder, that's where Aeva stored all its files. It then has subfolders in it, one per album.

Fairly sure it doesn't even do anything particularly clever about renaming so you probably could just find them and reupload to whatever gallery you're using now.

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Arantor

I really must find the time to make it properly compatible with 2.1 final.

Advertisement: