News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Quick edit doesn't work

Started by riflessioni, February 28, 2022, 09:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

riflessioni

Clicking on the "quick edit" button does not open and I get (F12) the following error:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'getElementsByTagName')
    at QuickModify.modifyMsg (minified_9ebee280c3b623ad07beba1d801d8164.js?smf211_1645887888:774:61)
    at HTMLLIElement.onclick ((index):391:111)

Arantor

Any other errors? That error feels like it's the last error in a chain.

Oldiesmann

Are you using the default theme? What mods do you have installed?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

riflessioni

I don't see any other errors

I use the default theme.
The installed MODs are:

1    Optimus    2.10.2 [15.02.22]
2    Pretty URLs    2.5
3    Dizzy Smileys    0.6
4    Similar Topics    1.1.3
5    Ultimate Menu    2.0.1
6    Redirector

I tried to disable Pretty Url, but nothing has changed. However, these messages appeared in the error log of the forum:

1) 2: Invalid argument supplied for foreach ()
2) 8: Trying to access array offset on value of type null

Kindred

what is "redirector"?

Also, Javascript errors in the core are frequently due to bad javascript from mods

if it keeps going, the suggestion would be to remove all mods (you only have 6) and try it with clean code -- and then re-test after each mod installation.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

riflessioni

Quote from: Kindred on February 28, 2022, 12:22:04 PMwhat is "redirector"?

Also, Javascript errors in the core are frequently due to bad javascript from mods

if it keeps going, the suggestion would be to remove all mods (you only have 6) and try it with clean code -- and then re-test after each mod installation.

The mod "redirector" is this: https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=4148

I will try how you advise me and let you know.
Thank you

riflessioni

I uninstalled all the MODs, but the problem remains.
Eventually how can I remove the button?

Kindred

ok....

So.
1- are you using the default theme?
2- you uninstalled the mods by using the uninstall button, yes?
3- can you provide me with an account to login and test (you can PM me the account and forum url)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

riflessioni

Quote from: Kindred on March 01, 2022, 11:13:44 AMok....

So.
1- are you using the default theme?
2- you uninstalled the mods by using the uninstall button, yes?
3- can you provide me with an account to login and test (you can PM me the account and forum url)

1- Yes
2- Yes
3- Yes

Kindred

ok, testing...

you have a DIFFERENT error now than the original one that you posted
Uncaught TypeError: document.forms[this.opt.sFormRemoveAccessKeys] is undefined
    modifyMsg .../Themes/default/scripts/minified_9ebee280c3b623ad07beba1d801d8164.js?smf211_1646153879:774
    onclick .../problemi-utilizzo-forum/testing-functionality-this-thread-can-be-ignored/:1
which is this code...
{if(typeof(sSessionVar)=='undefined')
sSessionVar='sesc';if(typeof(this.opt.sFormRemoveAccessKeys)!='undefined')
{if(typeof(document.forms[this.opt.sFormRemoveAccessKeys]))
{var aInputs=document.forms[this.opt.sFormRemoveAccessKeys].getElementsByTagName('input');for(var i=0;i<aInputs.length;i++)
{if(aInputs[i].accessKey!='')
{this.aAccessKeys[aInputs[i].name]=aInputs[i].accessKey;aInputs[i].accessKey=''}}}}

the ODD thing about this is that there is a CHECK for the "undefined variable" before it even gets to the failure line.

there are no other errors on that page, although loading the BOARD triggers a 403
GET
scheme
https
host
filename
/logos/problemi-utilizzo-forum/20/

Status403
Forbidden
VersionHTTP/2
Transferred385 B (0 B size)
Referrer Policystrict-origin-when-cross-origin

and after going in and our of the topic, I got THIS one
Uncaught ReferenceError: oQuickReply is not defined
    onclick .../problemi-utilizzo-forum/testing-functionality-this-thread-can-be-ignored/:1

I am still trying to think what is CAUSING these errors, but they do explain why Quick Edit does not work.  Something is interfering and/or unsetting variables.
Слaва
Украинi

Kindred

.... and I can not test any further, because quick reply and quick edit have both disappeared completely

How/why did you remove the quick reply?
Слaва
Украинi

riflessioni

Quote from: Kindred on March 02, 2022, 12:53:11 PM.... and I can not test any further, because quick reply and quick edit have both disappeared completely

How/why did you remove the quick reply?
Sorry, one of the moderators removed it, I warned them and resumed the discussion

Kindred

quick reply is still not visible to me...   and based on other discussions -- how you removed that MIGHT be the cause of your problems.

(and apparently you also have a time limit on how long until you can no longer edit messages, since I have to make a NEW reply in order to see both the quick edit and the regular "modify post" link.)
Слaва
Украинi

riflessioni

I restored the quick response and everything works!
Thank you

Is there a way to turn off quick reply without creating a problem?

Arantor

As per another thread on the matter, not at this time.

Advertisement: