The translator should add the Turkish language translation as follows

I think this should be because it's causing trouble

index.turkish.php

find : $txt['lang_locale'] = 'tr_TR';

change : $txt['lang_locale'] = 'tr_TR.utf8';

m4z

"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

gevv

ElkArte is a modern, powerful community building forum software. https://www.elkarte.net/

Kindred

actually no.   Since 2.1 is ALWAYS UTF-8, there is no need to separate it like that.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Seyit replikacep.com

Quote from: Kindred on March 10, 2022, 03:09:09 PMactually no.   Since 2.1 is ALWAYS UTF-8, there is no need to separate it like that.

Cannot draw capital letters like I when we want to draw character from db

en_US It's okay when we say

Arantor

Quote from: Kindred on March 10, 2022, 03:09:09 PMactually no.   Since 2.1 is ALWAYS UTF-8, there is no need to separate it like that.

Actually maybe yes depending on the hosting environment and its particular setup.

Should it be default? Probably. Again, depends on the hosting environment. It's pretty complicated.

Seyit replikacep.com

It causes problems when I want to pull characters from db. Added rc 2 as tr_TR.utf8

especially capital letters : I , İ , Ğ , Ü, Ş have trouble getting these letters from db

Currently as follows.

You cannot view this attachment.

Seyit replikacep.com

Quote from: Arantor on March 10, 2022, 03:21:12 PM

Actually maybe yes depending on the hosting environment and its particular setup.

Should it be default? Probably. Again, depends on the hosting environment. It's pretty complicated.

It causes problems in written modes when pulling data from db  I request you to add as follows:

tr_TR.utf8  :)

Sesquipedalian

Quote from: Replikacep on March 10, 2022, 03:26:43 PMIt causes problems when I want to pull characters from db. Added rc 2 as tr_TR.utf8

especially capital letters : I , İ , Ğ , Ü, Ş have trouble getting these letters from db

Since this seems to be a bug report rather than a support request, I have moved the topic to the Bug Reports board.

Replikacep, please provide a detailed, step-by-step description of how we can reproduce the issue. Please also tell us how the expected results differ from the actual results.

I know that Turkish has some special rules for converting between lower case and upper case letters in Unicode, so I suspect that might be part of the issue, but I will need the information requested above before I can start to diagnose the problem.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

Seyit replikacep.com

http://erdoganmobilyam.com/lg-g2-toplama-yurt-disi-rom-yukleme-sonrasi-dokunmatik-sorunu-cozumu-t31.0.html

You can try by choosing English and Turkish languages, you will see that you do not have the letters ı and i in the link structure.

no problem in english, you need this too

Turkish: http://erdoganmobilyam.com/lg-g2-toplama-yurt-ds-rom-yukleme-sonras-dokunmatk-sorunu-cozumu-t31.0.html

When I choose Turkish, it cannot pull from db. If I add .utf8 it's fine.

m4z

What do you mean by "link structure"?

What are you trying to say by "you need this too"?

When you say "it cannot pull from db", you mean you checked that the unicode characters exist in the db, but they aren't displayed on the site?

(For both links I don't see a difference when switching the language.)

[Edit:] Actually switching languages doesn't work at all for me.
--Homer Simpson

Sesquipedalian

Those links don't help me understand the problem. I don't know what you did to create that post, I don't know what the expected results were, and I don't know how the actual results differ from what you expect. Perhaps the problem is obvious to you when you look at that page, but I don't understand Turkish, so I have no idea what might be wrong.

In order to enable us to help you, please do what I asked you to do before:

Quote from: Sesquipedalian on March 11, 2022, 02:42:40 PMReplikacep, please provide a detailed, step-by-step description of how we can reproduce the issue. Please also tell us how the expected results differ from the actual results.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

Seyit replikacep.com

index.turkish.php

$txt['lang_locale'] = 'tr_TR';

$txt['lang_locale'] = 'tr_TR.utf8';

I DON'T KNOW HOW I CAN TRY TO EXPLAIN IT DON'T ADD UTF8 MAKES A PROBLEM -   NO PROBLEM IN

http://erdoganmobilyam.com/index.php :  SELECT TURKISH FROM HOME PAGE AND CONTINUE: YOU WILL SEE THAT THE LINKS ARE NOT THE SAME WITH THE TOPIC.

Arantor

What Sesq is trying to understand is what adding the .utf8 part actually fixes. In this case I think it's whatever pretty URLs mod is in use calls into the iconv library to do transliteration for the URL and that's dependent on the current thread locale (the result of setlocale calls)

Different flavours of Linux actually do set this up slightly differently when building their locale database though in recent years the .utf8 suffix has become slightly more standardised to indicate clearly that utf8 should be used.

Seyit replikacep.com

Quote from: Arantor on March 12, 2022, 04:56:14 AMWhat Sesq is trying to understand is what adding the .utf8 part actually fixes. In this case I think it's whatever pretty URLs mod is in use calls into the iconv library to do transliteration for the URL and that's dependent on the current thread locale (the result of setlocale calls)

Different flavours of Linux actually do set this up slightly differently when building their locale database though in recent years the .utf8 suffix has become slightly more standardised to indicate clearly that utf8 should be used.

Finally someone who understands me  :)   :o

m4z

Quote from: Replikacep on March 12, 2022, 05:58:30 AM
Quote from: Arantor on March 12, 2022, 04:56:14 AMIn this case I think it's whatever pretty URLs mod is in use calls into the iconv library to do transliteration for the URL and that's dependent on the current thread locale (the result of setlocale calls)

Finally someone who understands me  :)   :o

So that would be a bug in the mod, not in SMF, and would have to be reported in the corresponding mod thread, correct?
--Homer Simpson

Arantor

Hard disagree, actually.

The mod asks the operating system "how do I translate these letters". Said system libraries are ending up misconfigured because of core SMF code. The mod isn't calling setlocale or deciding what locale should be used, SMF is.

Seyit replikacep.com

is it that hard? you just add one .uft8

If the problem is in mode, there will be a problem with the English language option.

but no problem in english

Arantor

Is it hard? It's complicated. Adding the .utf8 will fix it for you, it might break it for other people.

Seyit replikacep.com

so what kind of solution will i find, you don't add

let me share the mod in attachment give me an example

if it's too simple  ::)  :o

Advertisement: