News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Stop Forum Spam

Started by SleePy, March 21, 2022, 12:11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Steve on June 24, 2022, 01:57:54 PMAlso, can you bump up your PHP any higher than 7.3.x?

Good catch there @Steve. I missed that part about the php version.

Quote from: Мel on June 24, 2022, 02:58:47 PMI can ask my hosting provider. Should it work?

Do you have cPanel? Most cPanels allow for changing of php versions. And yes, that will work.

SleePy

Well it would be erroring on the return type, but I thought return types where in 7.1
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Arantor

Return types are in 7.0, void and nullable came in 7.1, expansions to contravariant returns in 7.4.

But what I see now I can see the source... suggests a lack of the above user having PHP 7.0 at all.

Мel

Quote from: Doug Heffernan on June 24, 2022, 05:04:44 PMDo you have cPanel? Most cPanels allow for changing of php versions. And yes, that will work.
I do, but I'm not sure how to do so.
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."
- Qui-Gon Jinn

Steve

Piece of cake. Log in to your cPanel and then scroll to the 'Software' section. Click on the 'Multi-PHP Manager' and it's pretty self-explanatory from there.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Мel

Quote from: Steve on June 27, 2022, 03:11:44 PMPiece of cake. Log in to your cPanel and then scroll to the 'Software' section. Click on the 'Multi-PHP Manager' and it's pretty self-explanatory from there.
Thanks, seems easy. It's marked as "inherited" and it looks that I can up it to any version till 7.4. If I do that, is there any chance that the forum will crash or something else would happen?) Or is it smooth sailing?
- Qui-Gon Jinn

Steve

No chance that I know of so it should be smooth sailing. There's always that dreadful minuscule chance something could go wrong so back everything up first.

Мel

Yeah, everything seems fine, yet there are some mistakes like
Call to a member function versionCheck() on nullI'll try to reinstall this mod a bit later.
Thanks.
- Qui-Gon Jinn

Мel

Can't use admin panel with this error :(
- Qui-Gon Jinn

Мel

- Qui-Gon Jinn

Diego Andrés

I could not reproduce the issue with 2.0.19 and PHP 7.4

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

SleePy

You can delete all related intergrate_* from the settings table and it will remove all hooks that power the customization.  If other customizations are using the hook, you need to delete it carefully, its a comma delimited list.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Мel

Not quite got it. Maybe there is an installation manual for this mod, so I can backtrace all the changes and remove it?
- Qui-Gon Jinn

Мel

I restored the backup, everything seems fine, thanks.
- Qui-Gon Jinn

Steve

Perfect example of why everyone should do backups, backups, backups before installing any mod or making any other changes to your forum.  :)

XVenomX

Hi, any help how to fix?
You cannot view this attachment.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: XVenomX on September 12, 2022, 03:57:27 PMHi, any help how to fix?
You cannot view this attachment.

It looks like the language files have not been added. Uninstall it, and then re-install it again.

SleePy

Agreed.  Looks like the language files did not deploy.  Your languages directory (/Themes/default/languages) needs to be writable.  You can check the StopForumSpam.english.php language file there.

XVenomX

Thanks  :)
For some reason the files were not extracted and the folder was writable so I did it manually, thanks a lot.

SulevFan

Running SMF 2.1.2, Installed version of this mod is 1.3.

I cannot find any options to either check a member or submit a member to the SFS database? We have an API key, and in the previous version of SMF, we could do the above.

Advertisement: